Thursday 28 November 2013

Innocent Smoothies–The Big Knit


As I mentioned in the previous post, this year I decided to participate in the Big Knit (you can read all about that here). I was a little disappointed, as they extended the deadline for sending them off and I didn’t realise this ‘til the last minute, but I still managed to get a few made and sent off. There is no denying that I didn’t get anywhere near as many made as I had hope to, but I still managed to make in excess of 10 which, for someone who had never properly knitted prior to this challenge, I was very pleased with. 




553572_10151634493143683_502944364_n
The little frog hat is definitely the one I am most proud of this year, although I am hoping that knitting is a hobby I will keep up and manage to knit some more in time for next year! The hats are now on small Innocent Smoothie bottles around the UK in aid of Age UK. I've yet to see any I recognise, but there are no surprises there, as this year people managed to make in excess of a million miniature hats!
531851_10151640891408683_2042694145_nEven though I didn't make very many, I am proud to be able to say I was a part of the campaign this year. I would definitely encourage people to join in next year - even if you've never picked up a knitting needle in your life!

Have you seen many of the hats so far? Or even better, have you bought a hatted bottle?


No comments:

Post a Comment