Tuesday 21 October 2014

Graduation

After finishing my studies back in June, today was the day that the past three years of my life have been working towards - my graduation. Never having been to a graduation before, I really wasn't sure what to expect of the occasion but it certainly didn't fail to disappoint. 

It was far more formal than I had expected, with professors from the University of East Anglia and the University of Essex (they are currently the awarding body for my university) in attendance. At the start of the ceremony, a mace was carried down the centre aisle. Traditionally this was to prove the official's authority, so that was rather reassuring to know that the whole thing wasn't a farce!





I really enjoyed dressing up in robes for the day, especially as it is something I have looked forward to since I was a little girl! 



Most importantly, I can finally say that I am a graduate rather than a graduand! It marks the close of a huge part of my life and the start of new adventures.

Have any of you graduated recently? 





No comments:

Post a Comment