Tuesday 21 April 2015

Savouring Saturday

On Saturday, after a planning meeting for Brownies, and the residential event I'll be running in July, I made the journey to visit my boyfriend. He's recently moved fairly close to the coast, which although a pain of a commute, could be much worse! 

The weather has brightened up considerably lately, so it was a great opportunity to go to the beach. This time we chose Southend. One of Southend's biggest attractions, beyond the inevitable needles (in all fairness they have cleaned it up a lot in recent years, but it did used to be out my family off of going!) is Adventure Island. This mini theme park has a range of rides and roller coasters for all ages and, bonus, they offer half price wristband entry after 6pm. At £13 pp it's still not the cheapest of evenings, but that will give you unlimited access to most rides (except the dodgems, for some reason) and if it fills 4 hours, then that's not too bad at all for a change of scenery. 

As someone who traditionally can't stand rollercoasters, I amazed myself by going on all of the same ones as everyone else. Well, apart from 'Rage' which has what must be a 95 degree drop! I felt physically sick watching Chris on that one, but took great satisfaction in hearing his manly scream when the cart dropped!

All in all it was actually a really nice evening, especially after a day of meetings! Although my volunteering and guiding activities is for me, I never really take the time to 'switch off' unless it's in front of television (and even then, it's normally whilst multitasking). Because of this, I'm hoping to start doing more in the evenings where possible, and this was a jolly good place to begin!

Summer's ahead so let's see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment