Saturday 6 June 2015

Driving

I'm not sure I ever quite round to sharing this information with you, but when I landed myself a full-time job last summer, I decided it was time to start having driving lessons. Ever since discovering the freedom it gives you, and the convenience of it (many of my friends now drive), I had been looking to do it so July 2014 was a great time to start!




When I first started (and by first I mean for the first 2 months!) I genuinely thought I would never manage to do it. 10 mph in 1st gear, driving around an estate, is not ideal but for some reason something inside me stopped my from being able to change gear, and you really don't want to go much faster than 10mph in 1st! 

Anyway, I eventually overcame this silly fear and I recently did my first practical test. Although I didn't pass, I'm really not disheartened. More frustrated with myself, if I'm honest. But that's life. I got 6 minors and failed because I didn't notice a pedestrian crossing which had someone waiting. Ironically, on my theory test I passed the hazard perception section with flying colours, but I think that's probably why my practical downfall was in that area...you can have too much confidence!

I'm looking forward to my next test though, and with all fingers and toes crossed, too. Plenty of practice definitely pays off, which is something I learned from my first few lessons, so as long as I keep it up there is a jolly good chance it will work out well! Only time will tell, but I will keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment