Thursday 18 June 2015

International trip planning

In March this year I was lucky enough to be selected for an international trip called 'LaSERIO'. It's specially designed for 18-26 year olds in Girlguiding's London and South East Region (LaSER) and the idea is that those who go on the trip will plan and fundraise for it themselves.

It's relatively early days so far, but we have finally found most people on social media which gives the chance to chat about any concerns and initial ideas that we may have. This is pretty vital as we are all really spread out, and our first official meeting won't take place until October! I've also started a couple of Google Docs on which we are able to develop any team fundraising ideas, The trip will be taking place in the summer of next year so it will be good to have some ideas and fundraising together before then. 

We will be raising in the region of £3000 each which I'm quite excited for, but also fairly anxious about. If you remember my last fundraising attempt (for the short story anthology), we did some bake sales, quiz nights, and crowd-funding. We only made £800 in total, but then again the target was far lower. I hope to try of the things I did last time, but will increase my efforts somewhat. If anyone has any suggestions, do let me know! 

I have no doubt I will blog about this exciting opportunity again in the coming months, and I do plan to blog consistently whilst I'm out there (wherever 'there' may be!), although that may be hosted on a separate account. I'll let you know :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment